So here we are! Yet again with the Mock Test Series for Preliminary Examination. You may go through the following paragraphs to understand the way we plan to conduct the test series this time around.
The concept: The Diagnostic tests have been designed to emulate the latest trend of the examination. They will provide you with an opportunity to evaluate your current level of preparation and at the same time, diagnostic tests will give you a chance to judge us. You shall be able to put us on the scale and weigh us against the other alternatives available. It is incontrovertible that you are our best judge and your constructive and pointed feedback shall help us improve our efforts.
The concept: Once you have made up your mind about our candidature to guide you through the exam and to put you through the rigour of a test series, you can move on to the next level of tests which have been designated as the ‘Preparatory Tests’. The questions in these tests shall try to test your conceptual understanding as well as the factual learning. Questions will wade into the uncharted territories of the syllabus without severing the connect with the exam pattern.
List of Topics:
General Studies Paper I
- Topic 1: Current events of national and international importance.
- Topic 2: History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Topic 3: Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Topic 4: Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Topic 5: Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- Topic 6: General issues on Environmental ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- Topic 7: General Science.
General Studies Paper II
- Topic 8: Comprehension;
- Topic 9: Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Topic 10: Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- Topic 11: Decision making and problem solving;
- Topic 12: General mental ability;
- Topic 13: Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level);
Schedule of the Mock Tests
|S. No.||Test Name||Syllabus||Number of Questions||Date|
|1.||Diagnostic Test 1||Topic 1||25||11.10.19|
|2.||Diagnostic Test 2||Topic 3||25||20.10.19|
|3.||Diagnostic Test 3||Topic 2||25||26.10.19|
|4.||Diagnostic Test 4||Topic 7||25||02.11.19|
|5.||Diagnostic Test 5||Topic 5||25||09.11.19|
|6.||Diagnostic Test 6||Topic 6||25||16.11.19|
|7.||Diagnostic Test 7||Topic 4||25||23.11.19|
|8.||Preparatory Test 1||Topic 1 + Topic 2 + Topic 4||50||30.11.19|
|9.||Preparatory Test 2||Topic 2 + Topic 5 + Topic 6||50||14.12.19|
|10.||Preparatory Test 3||Topic 1 + Topic 3 + Topic 5||50||28.12.19|
|11.||Preparatory Test 4||Topic 4 + Topic 6 + Topic 7||50||11.01.20|
|12.||Preparatory Test 5||Topic 3+ Topic 4 + Topic 7||50||25.01.20|
|13.||Full Length Test 1 (General Studies Paper II)||Topic 8 to Topic 13||80||08.02.20|
|14.||Full Length Test 2 (General Studies Paper II)||Topic 8 to Topic 13||80||22.02.20|
|15.||Full Length Test 3 (General Studies Paper I)||Topic 1 to Topic 7||100||07.03.20|
|16.||Full Length Test 4 (General Studies Paper I)||Topic 1 to Topic 7||100||21.03.20|
|17.||Full Length Test 5 (General Studies Paper I)||Topic 1 to Topic 7||100||04.04.20|
|18.||Full Length Test 6 (General Studies Paper I)||Topic 1 to Topic 7||100||18.04.20|
|19.||Full Length Test 7 (General Studies Paper I)||Topic 1 to Topic 7||100||02.05.20|
Wishing you luck for these Mocks and the Preliminary examination!